I can’t believe it’s already Thursday! What a rollercoaster of a week it’s been. I’m going to leave you with a bit of a teaser.. more on that in the days/weeks to come. Anywho, before I begin to talk about today.. let’s rewind to yesterday. So – I was supposed to be fasting for lent right? I swear, as soon as someone tells me that I can’t have something… that’s all I think about.
A day of fasting (aka no eating) = cannot stop thinking about food. YUP. Sounds pretty accurate about my night. If you haven’t guessed it yet, I’ll just come right out and tell you.. I made cookies last night. Which isn’t rare when you think about it, I find myself in the kitchen to make desserts at least once a week. Last night’s concoction? No Bake ‘Energy Bites’ – these bad boys are full of fiber and definately fill you up! I tend to eat one of these bites on my way to the gym early in the morning when I’m just not feeling eggs, pancakes, oatmeal or a smoothie.
No Bake ‘Energy Bites’
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup agave nectar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
Directions: Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for a while. Once chilled, roll dough into balls of whatever size you would like. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated or freeze.
Delish. I ate one on my way to the gym this morning and had another one mixed in with my yogurt this afternoon, it’s quickly becoming one of my favorite snacks! I just have to be careful, I bet I could eat the entire batch of these in one sitting. Did I mention I like desserts?
Today started off just like any other day. Gym, work and then lunch happened. I went out with 8 of my coworkers to TGI Friday’s and boy was that a mistake. Of course it was, I suggested we go there My meal was just about the only meal that was right. I know that we had a larger party (9 people during lunch) but I don’t think I am out of line to say our service was terrible. I really don’t want to make this a negative post but boy oh boy did we regret going there. On a completely different note, we were on the recieving end of a ‘random act of kindness’. We weren’t very far into our meal when a total stranger came over to our table and gave us her 15% off of the entire table’s meal! How thoughtful! It also just reaffirmed my original intent of why I wanted to practice random acts of kindness, it totally made everyone at the table smile!
- I’ve never been a waitress or a server before in my life, so it is hard for me to relate sometimes.. but today was just unreal. 2 people ordered the ‘endless soup and salad’ and not once did our waitress come back to even ask if they wanted more. We didn’t see our waitress until we flagged her down for the check. Awesome.
- It’s amazing to me how close I have become to several of my coworkers- they have really been in ‘my corner’ lately and it’s great to know that people who have known me for almost 9 months can truly want what is best for you.
- Tomorrow starts the official countdown until I can see (one of) my beautiful best friends, Swank. See you in two weeks girl.
- Anyone know what ICFH ALumni game is? I know that we have been throwing things around on twitter – but I still haven’t heard any official date. This girl needs to know when to start running and how long I have to get in hockey shape. I want to avoid hockey butt at all possible.
- My random act of kindness today, wasn’t so random.. I bought a food processor that’s she’s been wanting for awhile.