My usual off day from the gym started….at the gym. Since I’ll be in Philly this weekend I won’t be able to get my sunday lift in like I usually do, I started Phase 2 today and it is intense! Phase 2 introduces supersets, active rests and steady cardio. Bring it on heart rate. Today was all back. Supersets of bent over barbell row and seated cable rows are no joke. My upper body was on fire. Yesterday I used the last of my Muscle Milk and am onto my new protein powder..Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold Standard Double Rich Chocolate – double rich is right! Paired with Unsweetened Almond Milk it was a pretty decent post workout shake. Good thing because I have 2 more pounds to utilize…
Five Fact Friday:
1. Today was my last day at my current job. Not getting into too many details, we’ll just say that when one door closes, another tends to open…and I am pretty excited for what’s in store! Lesson learned: you never know what opportunities will pop up…more on the new job in posts to come 🙂 On ward and upward. Stay turned!
2. One thing I will really miss about my old job is the friends I’ve met there. Thankfully I will still get to see them for
wine book club nights. Typically on these nights I test out any new recipes I’ve discovered on the girls.. I’ve told them before that they are my Guinny Pigs. Thank you Pinterest and food blogs for all of your recipes!
3. I have all next week off and I have some pretty boring plans: gym, clean my room, organize my life, blog, watch tv, eat, sleep and repeat (not always in that order or that frequency). Oh, and I’m sure I’ll be baking and shopping at some point. I will be boyfriend-less for the week (have fun on vacation nugs!) and my days will be completely open… SCORE.
4. I am actually in the car right now as this is being posted. Brought to you by a nifty little button that let’s me publish a post whenever I want. What a great option. SEE YOU SOON BELL!!
5. If you feel like calling and making my solo car ride more pleasureable you know my number.. and I will answer.. as long as it falls naturally with break in my Jodi Picoult book on tape. Yes, I am a 65 year old grandma who checked out a book on tape at the public library for a 7 hour drive. I will be really embarrassed if I cry (Jodi has a way to my heart) ..in the car…by myself.
Question of the Day: Who are your favorite authors to read? Does anyone else out there utilize books on tape still? Jodi Picoult tends to keep me on the edge of my seat and really fall in love with the characters. I’ve cried during everyone of her books. Every. Single. One. I also like Nicholas Sparks and Kristin Hannah. My last memory of a book on tape was the car ride with my boyfriend’s family on our way to Michigan. His mom and I were totally into the book, but I think the boys were over it by the first chapter.