If I’ve learned anything this week, it’s that time flies when you are enjoying life. So much has had me excited this week. Started my new job, the weather has been beautiful, I officially became a field hockey official, I got my foodie penpals package from Alyse, I sent out my package to Miriam, I’ve been kicking butt on my 12 week lifting program and so much more. I realized this week how much of a difference one aspect of your life can change your outlook. Check back in with me in a month and I hope I’m still feeling this good 🙂
Five Fact Friday –
1. I slept in the morning and decided to hit up the gym after work – just to test out how I felt about lifting later in the evening… the verdict? It doesn’t make much of a difference to me energy wise, I was just as motivated but the best part about it was sleeping in. I say that with hesitation because sleeping in meant waking up at 7 instead of 5 or 5:15. What a difference two hours can make. I got a whole 7 hours of sleep last night.
(Happy Endings anyone?) ps. don’t google or search youtube ‘happy endings’… Consider yourself warned. I have a night owl of a boyfriend and I don’t do well with making myself go to bed early so this might actually be the best option for me..
2. I have my cousin’s wedding shower tomorrow and she asked me to take pictures for her… this makes me unbelievably happy! I typically take pictures with my iphone for my blog (it’s just easier for now) but I do have a canon rebel xsi that I enjoy taking out every once and a while.
3. Marco and I went for a walk last night and played catch for a while afterwards. It was so nice to be outside and to be doing something a little bit more active now that the weather has changed. It’s funny to think about temperatures and times of the year.. in the spring everyone is LOVING hitting the 50 degree mark and wearing less clothing, etc. and then when it’s fall, 50s are considered chilly and people are bundling up.
4. Fact – comments on my blog make me smile ear to ear. Something that makes me even more happy? When bloggers I’ve followed for a while (like Janae at The Hungry Runner Girl) replied to my comment saying my ‘comment made her day’ and that I was so sweet, I don’t even care if she says that to everyone who comments on her blog. I died. Such a happy camper over here
ps. Janea is one of the funniest blog I read and I envy her ability to eat butt loads of sugar and still be in great shape. Well, then again she runs like a million miles a week and as much as I love sugar and chocolate, I refuse to get off my couch at night. Moral of the story, read her blog.
5. Remember when I said that I wish I had purchased a baby spoon or two from my weekend trip to Philly? Well, someone was paying attention (hi Kree!) My amazing sister Kristen, who just this evening basically begged me to pay attention to her here on The Little Spoon Blog.
Busted.Well, it’s your time to shine big sis!
Turns out she deserves her shoutout tonight 😉 My high rolling sister (she won lots o mula on her trip) was a gem and brought me home a souvenir baby spoon. Looks like I have to follow through on my previous statement and start my collection. FYI I actually have been to Vegas before so I’m more then willing to accept her gift. Actually, who am I kidding? I love gifts. Thanks kree!
Question of the Day – What types of outside activities are you looking forward to this spring/summer? I love to be outside and run, rollerblade, bike, and more importantly walk to the ice cream shop 🙂 Last summer I took my cousins to the park and we had a little photo shoot as a surprise to their moms. Who doesn’t love surprise pictures of their kids?!