Quick let’s do the normal…
Five Fact Friday
1. Long before I entered the blog world I have desperately wanted to win something from a blog. Basically every time I see a giveaway on my google reader my heart skips a beat and I dream of getting a package in the mail..
2. I am hands down a sweets craver, not a salt craver.. but I’m still on that silly pistachio kick!
3. Tomorrow is my turn to plan mine and marc’s (alternating) monthly surprise date night. I got this idea from Julie and her husband. Last month Marc took me out to dinner and to a gun range after. It was awesome! I was so excited AND surprised at his date night choice. I hope he likes what I have up my sleeve!
4. Silly Facebook changed my profile over to the Timeline version. I am not a happy camper.
5. Remember the package I got in the mail a few weeks ago? Well I have been
impatiently waiting to share this information with you… I did something completely out of the norm and signed up for something I had been seeing all over my twitter feed. After reading about the program I knew that it was something I just had to do.. Lindsay from The Lean Green Bean created the Foodie Pen Pals Program, which is designed to encourage networking between bloggers all over the world and their readers who share a passion for new trying new foods and products. The best part of this program? (Well besides a package in the mail and new to you food…) is that you don’t have to be a blogger to participate. You just have to love food and getting surprise packages!
Now.. let’s get to the good stuff… I was assigned to Alyse at Fit Approach. After a quick email exchange I told Alyse that I have been eating gluten free and that’s about all she needed to know. A few days later.. this arrived at my door step.
A quick sneak peak at everything that I got..
Gfree baking and pancake mix. This is actually a new to me brand of gfree mix and I can’t wait to use it once my opened package runs out.. Rice chips – these were devoured immediately. So darn good! The Yumnuts cashews are being saved for a rainy day when I have guests over and want to give them a little something extra 🙂 Also immediately sampled were the Cacao Nibs. Unlike anything I have every had before. I’d really like to use them again and put them in my vanilla yogurt, I bet it would be phenominal! I haven’t opened the Macadamia Butter yet, I’m kind of intimidated by that for some reason. Does anyone have any good suggestions on how to use/eat this?! I cannot stress to you how quickly I
ripped into opened the Raw ORganic Chocolate. By far my favorite part of this package was my neon pink shoelaces! You better believe I will be putting these shoelaces in a boring pair of sneakers to jazz them up. Such a great marketing idea!
Thank you so much Alyse – I’m so glad you were my first Food Pen Pals!
Interested in what I did? I sent some of my favorite items to Miriam at Bellaspire and you can check out her blog today to see what she thought
Want to join Foodie Pen Pals?
Here’s a detailed explanation of the program:
-On the 5th of the month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you can choose to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month.
– Foodie Penpals is open to US, Canadian residents & UK residents.